6.5.06

The Oddessy, Reduex

Since nothing else interesting is really happening, and I get called on never updating all the time, I thought I would take you, dear reader, on a photographic tour of some of the highlights of my now not so recent trip...


Chichicastenango, Guatemala

This kid had a basket of live turkeys. I’m not sure what I would do with a live turkey. Does that make me a gringo?


Antigua, Guatemala

I never go anywhere without my camera strap, so I got a picture of it next to this food cart in Antigua. Thanks for all the memories, man


Lago de Ometepe, Nicaragua

Yeah, I loved the movie, too, but enough to name a boat after it?


Lago de Ometepe, Nicaragua

The boat drivers called this the “Arbol del Huevos” or “Tree of the Testicles.”


Lago de Omotepe, Nicaragua

True Story:

There is an island in Omotepe called Isle of the Monkeys (“Isla de los Monos”) where tour guides always bring groups to take pictures. After trolling around this tiny island for awhile, one girl in our boat asks the guide how all these monkeys survive on so little land. The guide tells her that the guy who owns the house on the adjacent island feeds them. “Wait,” we say, “so how did the monkeys get here?” The guide tells us that the guy from the other house just likes monkeys and brought some to the island. The monkeys aren’t native, and we never would have known. The guides just bring tourists to the island to take monkey pictures and never tell them that the monkeys are essentially fake.



Antigua, Guatemala

Shhhh!

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaw man, I want to go back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home