28.5.06

Bitch-lorette Party

Thursday I went to a local drinking and eating establishment to wish yet another of my former classmates off. While there, our group was accosted by a bachelorette party.

You know the kind; the bride to be and her friends wander through a series of bars together. The bachelorette wears a veil and some type of T-shirt with a nearly clever slogan...

The differences between bachelorette parties and bachelor parties are, I think, somewhat telling as to the differences between the genders themselves. The goal of a bachelor party is generally to spend as much money as humanly possible getting the groom-to-be as close as possible to cheating and liver failure. By contrast, the women, while drunk, attempt to charge fellow bar patrons to engage in only mildly sexual activities, such as biting rings off the bachelorette's candy necklace.

The bachelorette from Thursday night was no different, it seemed. When she approached our party, I obliged and spent a hard earned one dollar bill for a piece of Pez-on-a-rope and a little bit of immortality in the pages of her pre-wedding scrapbook. Only later did I realize that I had been had.

At some point, one of my friends finally thought to point out that niether our grubby bar nor Thursday nights play host to a lot of bachelorette activity. He also noticed that the bachelorette only had one friend. It occurred to us that the two could hit a different bar every Thursday and pay for thier drinks with candy necklace earnings. I was irritated, but not enough to get my dollar back.

Well played, ladies.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, they took me for five.

gino

 

Post a Comment

<< Home